This recipe was taken from http://www.mykitchenaddiction.com.
It makes 12 muffins…….
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats, pulsed in the food processor
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 ounces lemon flavored Greek yogurt
(plain would be fine, too)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
(or frozen blueberries, thawed and drained)
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a standard-sized muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
Whisk together the whole wheat flour, ground oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the vanilla, yogurt, and milk. Alternately, add the dry ingredients and the yogurt mixture to the creamed mixture, starting and ending with the dry ingredients. Stir gently just until all of the dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in the lemon zest and the blueberries.
Bake the muffins for 24 – 26 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.