This recipe has been taken from http://www.choosingraw.com
Banana, Oat, and Chia Seed Muffins
2 tbsp flax seed meal
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup rolled oats
1.5 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 heaping tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp dried ginger
3 ripe bananas
1 1/4 cups almond milk
1/3 cup coconut oil or coconut butter
1 cup demerara sugar or 2/3 cup agave or maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp chia seeds
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Mix the flax meal with about 3-4 tablespoons of hot water. Set it aside.
3) Combine the oats, WW flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
4) In a blender or food processor, blend the bananas, almond milk, coconut oil or butter, sugar or agave or syrup, and vanilla till smooth. Pour into the dry ingredients, along with the flax mixture. Stir till everything is just incorporated. Stir in chia seeds, being careful not to overmix.
5) Add about 1/4 cup (or just over) to each muffin well in a 12-muffin baking dish. Sprinkle the tops with extra rolled oats, and bake for about 25 minutes (or until muffins are browning and a toothpick comes out clean). Enjoy